Where to find your match scores on the CITYPLAY app:
- Open your CITYPLAY app.
- Go to 'Activities'.
- Your match scores are located inside all of your uploaded match activities.
Match scores FAQ
What are the match scores?
- Your match scores are an objective, AI-based rating system that measures your technical and physical performance during in-game situations. Each match score is calculated according to performance benchmarks for your age and gender.
Which skills are included in the match scores?
- There are 5 skills included in your match scores: 3 technical and 2 physical. These include Two-Footed, First Touch, Dribbling, Speed, and Agility. Each main skill is complemented with metrics specific to the calculation of each score.
What is the purpose of match scores?
- Playermaker's rating system is an innovative, scientifically-based objective rating system that has been created and presented as part of a holistic approach to performance, talent identification, and talent development. Placing data, insights, and actions as the three main pillars of our approach, our match scores help enable players of any age or gender to understand and maximize their skill levels.
How are the match scores calculated?
The match score scaling data is collected from thousands of users and roughly 140K score values with the scores anticipating that the top 5% of performers of each segment will receive the highest score. As we gather new data from our CITYPLAY and Playermaker community, we add those datasets and use them to inform and improve the scoring.
Where is the match score Benchmark data from?
- Our Benchmark data was collected using our foot-mounted Playermaker technology in a total of 6,500 matches, with approximately 2,000 different players that collectively had approximately 250,000 ball possessions.
How are the match scores presented?
- Each match score is presented from 40-99.
What is considered to be a good score?
- Higher scores represent strengths while lower scores indicate opportunities for improvement.
- An average player is expected to get a score of around 70 in their segment. The top 5% will get 99 and the bottom 5% will get approx 40.
How did we decide which skills to include in the match scores?
- We picked skills that were found to be critical for talent development and identification, as well as skills that were found to be important for players to improve. All skills are described and commonly used in global football literature within top clubs and academies.
How is the Speed score calculated?
Your Speed score considers the following factors:
- The maximum speed you reached for at least 1 second.
How is the Agility score calculated?
The Agility score considers the following factors:
- The total number of times you changed your running direction.
- The total number of times you performed a right turn, left turn, and back turn.
- The speed at which the changes of direction and turns were performed.
How is the Two-footed score calculated?
The Two-footed score considers the following factors:
- The total number of times you use your right and left foot to interact with the ball.
- Your right-to-left foot balance ratio (the closer to a 50-50 ratio, the better your score).
How is the Dribbling score calculated?
The Dribbling score takes into account metrics that occur when the ball is in your possession. This score considers how fast you manipulate the ball both forward and while changing directions.
How is the First touch score calculated?
- The First touch score considers your ability to control the ball when you receive it and how quickly you can perform the next action (ex. releasing the ball). It does not take into account one-touch possessions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.